San Pablo, Pinole, and Richmond Police Departments along with the West County Wastewater District office are new drop-off locations for unwanted and expired home-generated pharmaceuticals. These new convenient locations allow West Contra Costa County residents to properly dispose of old pharmaceuticals and keep them out of the water supply and garbage. Controlled substances are not allowed in the collection bins per State and Federal Laws. Verify business hours before visiting drop off locations.
- San Pablo Police Station: 13880 San Pablo Avenue, San Pablo (510) 215-3130
- Pinole Police Station: 880 Tennent Avenue, Pinole (510) 724-8950
- West County Wastewater District Office: 2910 Hilltop Drive, Richmond, (510) 222-6700
- Richmond Police Station 1701 Regatta Blvd. Richmond (510) 965-4923
Other Locations Accepting Unwanted Pharmaceuticals:
- West County HHW Collection Facility: 101 Pittsburg Avenue, Richmond (Th-F, 9am-4pm, 1st Sat. of the Month)
- El Cerrito Recycling + Environmental Resource Center: 7501 Schmidt Lane, El Cerrito (510) 215-4350
The program is a collaborative effort between RecycleMore, West County Resource Recovery Inc., and the participating locations. For more information view the How to Safely Dispose of Unwanted Household Medications brochure, email RecycleMore or call 510-215-3121.