RecycleMore is a public agency partner to the California Green Business Program in West Contra Costa County and conducts site visits to verify that business are meeting the program standards established for solid waste reduction and recycling. To get started visit the on-line application page of the Green Business program.
RecycleMore offers advice and technical assistance at no cost to support local business in achieving compliance with the Green Business Program standards.
Green Your Business
A Green Business...
- Is recognized as an environmental leader
- Operates efficiently, strengthening the bottom line
- Improves employee morale, health and productivity
- Holds a marketing edge over the competition
Green Businesses receive recognition through:
- The Bay Area Green Business Program website: www.greenbiz.ca.gov
- The California Green Business Program website: www.greenbusinessca.org
- City and agency newsletters
- Press coverage, promotional events and special recognition
- Window decals, certificates and promotional materials for your business
- Green Business logo to use in your advertising
Get recognized for being Green—sign up to become a Green Business today!
What Do I Have to Do?
Comply with applicable environmental regulations
Staff will work with your business and local agencies to verify that you are complying with any applicable environmental regulations. This could include site visits from wastewater, storm water, hazardous materials/waste, and air quality regulators, depending on your business type. We will provide technical assistance to ensure your business is in compliance.
Use a Green Business checklist
to select and record measures to conserve resources and prevent pollution. Some actions businesses take include:
- buying only recycled-content paper and copying double-sided
- cleaning with less toxic products
- using efficient lighting systems to save energy
- conserving water with low-flow toilets and faucet aerators
You may already be doing enough to qualify. Staff from PG&E, your water company and others will visit your business to verify what you're doing to meet the Green Business Program standards.
Pledge to stay Green
If your business doesn't already have one of its' own, have your business adopt the Green Business Pledge. You may also want to expand on the pledge by adding specific actions or committments your company can make to help lessen the negative impact your operations has on the environment.
The application process has been made available on-line. Get started today!
Contact the Green Business Program Coordinator in your county
Businesses receive advice and technical assistance at no cost from the Green Business Program coordinators and their public agency/utility partners. If you are seeking Green Business Program recognition, contact your county coordinator to learn more about the Green Business Standards, what it takes to become a Green Business and to apply.