Antifreeze ~ Engine Coolant

Residents may drop-off used or unwanted antifreeze / engine coolant at the HHW Collection Facility.

Antifreeze or engine coolant contains ethylene glycol has a sweet taste that if accidentally ingested can have serious and harmful effects.  Symptoms of antifreeze poisoning include severe diarrhea and vomiting.  Coolant containing ethylene glycol should not be disposed of in a way that will result in it being ingested by animals, because of its toxicity. Many animals like its sweet taste. As little as a teaspoonful can be fatal to a cat, and four teaspoonfuls can be dangerous to a dog.